Medical Massage adopts the medical terminology, medical techniques and medical protocols used by the traditional allopathic, medical systems of health care.
Over the years there has been a large amount of scientific research supporting the many beneficial effects of medical massage therapy. Medical Massage therapy focuses on the problematic issues relating to muscuskeletal issues causing chronic and acute pain issues.
Massage and MediCupping™ alleviate pain resulting from conditions such as:
- Upper and lower back pain
- Carpal Tunnel syndrome
- Circulatory problems
- Compressed and bulging disc
- Degenerative disk disease
- Frozen shoulder syndrome
- Hyperkyphosis / Hyperlordosis
- Lymphatic drainage (MLD)
- Muscle spasms, strains, and sprains
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Neck pain
- Parkinson’s disease
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Postural rehabilitation
- Pre- & post-operative discomfort
- Range of motion issues
- Sports injuries
- Focuses on Chronic Pain
- Acute Injury
- Aids in Recovery from Surgery
- Reduced Post Surgery Adhesions
- Reduces Scarring and Swelling
- Stimulates the Lymph System
- Reduces Muscle Spasms and Muscle Cramping
- Increases and Restores Joint Movement and Joint Flexibility
MEET OUR TEAM
Jane is a graduate from AB Tech Massage therapy program. She has specialized training in neuromuscular techniques to address chronic cervical, upper and low back pain issues. Masters Degree in education and has an AAS from AB in
Michael is a Licensed Medical Massage Therapist and a graduate from the State University in New York. He’s also Board Certified, with the National Certification Board. He has worked in both private practice and adult health care.
Peggy graduated 1992 from the Blue Cliff School of Therapeutic Massage, New Orleans, LA.. She is trained in neuromuscular therapies focused on addressing a variety of neuromuscular pain issues, stemming from injuries to post surgical scar tissue issues.